Using FTP rescue

Paul Thompson paulfthompson at supanet.com
Wed Mar 8 16:05:24 EST 2006

Hi have finally managed to upgrade my Netwinder to the latest version of Nettrom ( 3.2.2 ) (thanks Ralph for the help) and got the rescue partion on HDA4 working using rescuefs-0.5-1.tar.gz (thanks again)

Even managed to download an old image using FTPRESCUE .

My question is this. How can I download the base image base-nw9.tar.bz2 ?

FTPrescue will not download it it just reports file error or  somesuch error. The problem is not the way I am using ftprescue as I have already used to download and install old images. I assume that ftprescue was written before .bz2 was thought of.

Any ideas how I can download it easily ? . I am sure that in the rescue partion HDA4 a utility exists to unpack files with a .bz2 extension Please remember that up to now Linux etc is still very much a mystery to me.

Best regards

Paul Thompson