suddenly, i can't boot barebox on my beagle xM anymore

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Dec 1 16:18:08 EST 2012

  a bit embarrassed but, all of a sudden, what used to work just fine
in terms of building and booting barebox on my beagleboard xM (rev C)
doesn't work anymore.

  not that long ago, i documented how easy this was here:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/BeagleBoard-xM#Barebox_for_the_xM

absolutely nothing out of the ordinary as i remember it.  so, when
this worked, the boot looked like what you see here:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/BeagleBoard-xM#Booting_to_Barebox_on_your_xM_--_it_actually_works

now, the boot process produces:

barebox 2012.11.0-00305-g159109f #1 Sat Dec 1 15:51:00 EST 2012

Board: Texas Instrument's Beagle
NAND type unknown: ff,ff
No NAND device found (-19)!
gpmc_nand gpmc_nand0: probe failed: error 6
omap-hsmmc omap-hsmmc0: registered as omap-hsmmc0
mci mci0: registered disk0
malloc space: 0x87bfff10 -> 0x87ffff0f (size  4 MB)
stack space:  0x4020f000 -> 0x4020fc00 (size  3 kB)
booting from MMC1

... and hangs, suggesting that the MLO file is fine, but it's
barebox.bin that simply fails.

  am i missing something painfully obvious?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca