autorization not respond on netwinder office server 2100

Georgescu Gabriel guardygga at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 04:13:33 EST 2006

I checked resolv.conf both files and .old contains : "domain netwinder.org
search". The new one contains the name of my domain and the DNS ip.
In this morning when i came to work i observed that the second green led is ON. when i run the console i get the  error : "hda status timeout status=0xd0{busy}, hda drive not ready for command". The keyboard was freezed and i had to reset. At the boot i get the error "ide0:reset time-out status=0xd0". It worked after i unpluged and plugged the power. I think that the server has and hardware problem, i don't know what to say.

gabriel

Ralph Siemsen <ralphs at netwinder.org> wrote: Georgescu Gabriel wrote:
> Today got the same problem accesing FTP and mail. I don't know what to
> do and what the problem is. When i write on the console netstat -n i
> have TCP 21 port conection established. I think that a full
> reinstalation of software should resolve the problem but I wrilly don't
> know how to do that, and I think that it is very difficult.

I would recommend against it (reinstallation) anyways.  Better to find
out what the problem really is, than to introduce new variables into the
equation.

Does running nwconfig and rebooting make things work again?  If so,
something is changing your network setup at run-time.

Can you double check the output from "ifconfig" and "route -n", and the
contents of /etc/resolv.conf - these are the settings that nwconfig
modifies.  It also leaves an ".old" version of each file, so we could
compare what has changed in each.

-R