autorization not respond on netwinder office server 2100

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Tue Mar 14 07:14:26 EST 2006

Georgescu Gabriel wrote:
> Today got the same problem accesing FTP and mail. I don't know what to
> do and what the problem is. When i write on the console netstat -n i
> have TCP 21 port conection established. I think that a full
> reinstalation of software should resolve the problem but I wrilly don't
> know how to do that, and I think that it is very difficult.

I would recommend against it (reinstallation) anyways.  Better to find
out what the problem really is, than to introduce new variables into the
equation.

Does running nwconfig and rebooting make things work again?  If so,
something is changing your network setup at run-time.

Can you double check the output from "ifconfig" and "route -n", and the
contents of /etc/resolv.conf - these are the settings that nwconfig
modifies.  It also leaves an ".old" version of each file, so we could
compare what has changed in each.

-R