Linux support for Samsung S3C2510A Processor

Madhavi Manchala madhavi.linux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:53:02 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Ben Dooks <ben at trinity.fluff.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 06:52:15PM +0530, Madhavi Manchala wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Does Linux kernel supports the Samsung S3C2510A processor? Why am I
>> asking this question is, when I looked into  the arch/arm/ directory I
>> did not find anything which is related to Samsung S3C2510A processor.
>> There are other directories like mach-s3c24xx and mach-s3c64xx
>> directories, but not mach-s3c25xx.
>>
>> Any ideas / hints will be appreciated.
>
> I think this is a no-mmu version, and there is not a lot of ARM no-mmu
> support at the moment.

Dear Ben,

I think, if I want to port the Linux on to my board, which is based on
Samsung s3c2510a processor, then I need to develop the
arch/arm/mach-s3c2510 sources, which are currently not available in
the kernel source tree.

I saw that you only developed the sources for Samsung s3c24xx
processor in arch/arm/ of the Linux sources.

So, please suggest me with some good links / points for writing the
sources for Samsung s3c2510a processor under arch/arm. At least, how
can I start? Any templates?

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,
Madhavi M.