When does mach-types get updated in a tree?

John Linn John.Linn at xilinx.com
Mon Feb 28 09:35:57 EST 2011

'linux at arm.linux.org.uk'
> > > Cc: grant.likely at secretlab.ca
> > > Subject: When does mach-types get updated in a tree?
> > >
> > > I am trying to get a branch ready that could be pulled from with
my
> > new patches.
> >
> > Maybe I missed it, but I didn't notice any response to this,
> > or it was a really dumb question that didn't deserve an answer.
>
> I don't update it too frequently because its becoming quite a burden
> edit out all the buggered entries people have made in it - and I don't
> want to draw attention to it by updating it too regularly.  I can see
> that it's a file that Linus will eventually complain about - it is
134K,
> most of which is probably not used.

Thanks for the insight there.

> So I tend to update it on request, and normally no more than once
every
> two months.

What is your suggestion to people with regards to patches that need the
update?

I'm open to suggestions, just trying to work with everyone the best way
to get
Xilinx patches into the system.

I could submit my patches to your patch system if that helps, or have a
branch
that you can pull from (and it relies on the mach-types update)?

Thanks for your time,
John