When does mach-types get updated in a tree?

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Feb 28 05:10:30 EST 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 08:40:24AM -0700, John Linn wrote:
> [...]

I don't update it too frequently because its becoming quite a burden to
edit out all the buggered entries people have made in it - and I don't
want to draw attention to it by updating it too regularly.  I can see
that it's a file that Linus will eventually complain about - it is 134K,
most of which is probably not used.

So I tend to update it on request, and normally no more than once every
two months.