"Porting the Linux Kernel to a New ARM Platform", updated...?

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Feb 3 09:36:30 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 08:31:04AM -0600, Steve Chen wrote:
> By the way, include/asm is a symlink points to
> include/asm-arm/arch-xxxx in the older kernels.

In old kernels, include/asm was pointed at include/asm-arm.  We had a
second symlink for include/asm-arm/arch which pointed at
include/asm-arm/arch-xxx.  Even older kernels had another symlink for
include/asm-arm/proc pointing at either include/asm-arm/proc-armv or
.../proc-armo depending on whether we were building for 32-bit or 26-bit
ARMs.