[LEDE-DEV] LEDE 17.01 branched

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 06:20:31 PST 2017

> On Jan 16, 2017, at 1:37 PM, Jo-Philipp Wich <jo at mein.io> wrote:
>
> this is just a heads-up to inform you that LEDE master has been branched
> into a new branch "lede-17.01" now.

And a hearty congratulations to everyone who helped get us this far. Thanks!

I haven't seen these discussed anywhere, but I think there is a (parallel) effort that gains some urgency now that we're coming down to having our long-standing vision actually come to fruition:

1) Has anyone been thinking about publicity for the release candidates and final? I envision an expanding circle of announcements for our release candidates: First to lede-dev and the forum. Later an announcement on the OpenWrt forum. And who's going to write the announcement for Slashdot? Do we need to buy another server first? :-)

2) I created a draft (skeleton) for the Release Notes on the web site at: https://lede-project.org/playground/draft-release-notes Please look it over and add items that should be mentioned. Thanks again.

Rich

PS Kudo's to hauke who found my (up-to-now) secret page and already started filling it in!