[LEDE-DEV] LEDE 17.01 branched

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Mon Jan 16 10:37:09 PST 2017

Hi list,

this is just a heads-up to inform you that LEDE master has been branched
into a new branch "lede-17.01" now.

A buildbot system has been set up at
http://release-builds.lede-project.org/17.01/images which will begin
building images and SDKs shortly.

Once the base phase1 builds for each architecture have been finished
within the next two to three days, we will start building the package
repositories for the release branch.

The next 7 days shall be used to work on finalizing the "lede-17.01"
branch and to cherry-pick important outstanding fixes from master.

The plan is to have test builds available until next Monday, the 23th
and to follow up with the final release decision on the same day.

If all goes well, there will be a one week testing period following the
23th until the 30th. If no major issues are found, LEDE v17.01.0 can
then be tagged on Monday, the 30th and final builds shall be available
shortly after.

If serious issues arise during the first testing period, we might decide
to extended by the test phase by a further week until a resolution is found.

If targets or specific images cannot be fixed in time, we should
consider dropping them from the initial release and aim for
adding/fixing them in the next LEDE v17.01.1 point release.

Thanks,
Jo