Hostapd 0.4.2, madwifi and windows xp sp2

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Oct 17 21:13:04 PDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 03:14:26PM -0400, Michael Misiewicz wrote:

> The card is a netgear atheros pci card (PCI ID 168c:0013 rev 01), and
> works just fine with madwifi in WEP mode. I've used this card in managed
> mode for some time with WEP and its worked well.
> Using hostapd 0.4.2 from debian unstable
> Madwifi from CVS (I cant seem to build hostapd against madwifi from CVS)
> XP Client has a broadcom card and has SP2 installed- so WPA support
> should be enabled.

0.4.2 is quite old, so I would much rather take a closer look at this
with the current 0.4.x snapshot. Can you please give more details of the
problems in building this? I had no problems building hostapd with the
current madwifi CVS version.