"panda" config and build doesn't work on panda ES at all

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Thu Feb 9 03:16:28 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 05:20:45PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   just for fun, i configured and built MLO and barebox.bin for the
> panda, then tried to use that on a panda ES -- got no response
> whatever from minicom.  i did verify that i could boot to barebox just
> fine on a regular panda, though.
>
>   this is different from the case of a regular beagle and beagle xM,
> for which the MLO and barebox.bin boot just fine on an xM, so there's
> clearly a significant difference between those two panda variants as
> far as barebox is concerned.  i haven't had any time to look at it in
> more detail yet.

We should add some information about that here:

http://wiki.barebox.org/doku.php?id=boards:texas_instruments_panda
http://wiki.barebox.org/doku.php?id=boards:texas_instruments_beagle

So what variants of these boards are out there?

Panda 'regular'
Panda ES
Beagle 'regular'
Beagle xM

Do these correspond somehow to the revisions printed on the board?
I have a Beagle rev C3 and a Panda rev A1.