Please Help, problem mounting jffs2

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Fri Jun 13 18:52:38 EDT 2003

On Friday 13 June 2003 21:18, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 19:47, Frank R Callaghan wrote:
> > OK, this sounds bad !  Where can I go from here ?
>
> Well, you can start by just commenting out the whole of both the
> jffs2_{start,stop}_garbage_collect_thread() functions since the thread
> is an optimisation anyway. But basically you need to find out why
> kernel_thread() isn't working.
>
> It's not a uclibc bug -- it's a kernel bug, and not one in the standard
> kernel either -- I'm inclined to suspect RTAI at this stage, although
> you blatantly have other kernel threads running so it's not a simple and
> obvious breakage.

Maybe it's a RTAI problem. But I have JFFS2 / RTAI running on a couple of
boards.

Have you tried this with a vanilla kernel without RTAI ? If not, can you do
that ?

If RTAI is the guilty one, then consider the following:
kernel_thread () is a syscall. RTAI captures syscalls. Maybe the syscall is
lost anywhere in RTAI.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de