Please Help, problem mounting jffs2

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jun 13 15:18:12 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 19:47, Frank R Callaghan wrote:
> OK, this sounds bad !  Where can I go from here ?

Well, you can start by just commenting out the whole of both the
jffs2_{start,stop}_garbage_collect_thread() functions since the thread
is an optimisation anyway. But basically you need to find out why
kernel_thread() isn't working.

It's not a uclibc bug -- it's a kernel bug, and not one in the standard
kernel either -- I'm inclined to suspect RTAI at this stage, although
you blatantly have other kernel threads running so it's not a simple and
obvious breakage.

--
dwmw2