ALSA EABI tools

George G. Davis gdavis at mvista.com
Mon Nov 23 19:48:50 EST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 07:59:47PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 08:00:30PM +0100, Hector Oron wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > 2009/11/22 Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk>:
> > > Does anyone have some ALSA EABI tools (alsamixer, alsactl, aplay, arecord
> > > and associated libraries) which could be tar'd up and sent to me please?
> >
> > $ wget ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/alsa-utils/alsa-utils_1.0.21-1_armel.deb
> > $ mkdir utils; cd utils
> > $ ar x ../alsa-utils_1.0.21-1_armel.deb
> >
> > data.tar.gz would be the requested tarball.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hmm, wish that worked... unfortunately I've no idea what random glibc
> ARM Ltd use on their EABI filesystems, but it isn't compatible with Debian
> build EABI binaries.
>
> It claims to be libc 2.5, but either doesn't contain any version
> information or it has everything older than glibc 2.4 stripped out.
> Unfortunately, Debian packages want glibc versioning back to 2.0.

You probably already know that you can obtain prebuilt images here:

http://www.arm.com/products/os/linux_download.html

You can also obtain images for current and past releases here:

http://www.linux-arm.org/git?p=ael.git

If you know which release version you're using, e.g. 2009q1, them I'm
guessing that you can find the ALSA utils in the "MTX" CRAMFS version
of that relase, e.g.:

$ mount -oloop -tcramfs	\
	.../ael/filesystem/bin/armv6vfp_mtx.cramfs	\
	/mnt
$ find /mnt -name alsa*
/mnt/usr/bin/alsamixer
/mnt/usr/lib/alsa-lib