ALSA EABI tools

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Sun Nov 22 14:59:47 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 08:00:30PM +0100, Hector Oron wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2009/11/22 Russell King - ARM Linux <linux at arm.linux.org.uk>:
> > Does anyone have some ALSA EABI tools (alsamixer, alsactl, aplay, arecord
> > and associated libraries) which could be tar'd up and sent to me please?
>
> $ wget ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/alsa-utils/alsa-utils_1.0.21-1_armel.deb
> $ mkdir utils; cd utils
> $ ar x ../alsa-utils_1.0.21-1_armel.deb
>
> data.tar.gz would be the requested tarball.

Thanks.

Hmm, wish that worked... unfortunately I've no idea what random glibc
ARM Ltd use on their EABI filesystems, but it isn't compatible with Debian
build EABI binaries.

It claims to be libc 2.5, but either doesn't contain any version
information or it has everything older than glibc 2.4 stripped out.
Unfortunately, Debian packages want glibc versioning back to 2.0.