Questions on libertas driver

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Wed Jan 23 10:58:01 EST 2008

> #ifdef  WIRELESS_EXT
> ///     dev->wireless_handlers = (struct iw_handler_def
> *)&libertas_handler_def;
> #endif

This comment is long gone and I wasn't even aware that it ever
existed. When libertas went into the wireless-2.6 tree, the
wireless handler was already actived, see

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=876c9d3aeb989cf1961f2c228d309ba5dcfb1172

This generates a HUGE web page with the source of the libertas
driver when it was initially committed to wireless-2.6/everything
and thus made it's way into mainline kernel.

So your libertas driver is older than anything I know of and
therefore I can't be of much help to you.

However, libertas is quite self-contained. It should be
relatively easy to compile the contents of the recent
drivers/net/wireless/libertas against an older kernel. If you
try that and run into problems, then feel free to ask. Be sure
to use wireless-2.6/everything, for such experiments, as this is
the code-base that I'm most familiar --- and where development
happens.