Questions on libertas driver

Cyril HAENEL chaenel at free.fr
Wed Jan 23 11:59:49 EST 2008

Holger Schurig a écrit :

>>#ifdef  WIRELESS_EXT
>>///     dev->wireless_handlers = (struct iw_handler_def
>>*)&libertas_handler_def;
>>#endif
>>

>This comment is long gone and I wasn't even aware that it ever
>existed. When libertas went into the wireless-2.6 tree, the
>wireless handler was already actived, see
>
>http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=876c9d3aeb989cf1961f2c228d309ba5dcfb1172
>
>This generates a HUGE web page with the source of the libertas
>driver when it was initially committed to wireless-2.6/everything
>and thus made it's way into mainline kernel.
>

>So your libertas driver is older than anything I know of and
>therefore I can't be of much help to you.

Ok I undertand. I need to change it and work on the last version,
because I successfully done a ping command after corrected alignment
problems, but I have troubles during FTP transfers. I had TX timeout
messages or something like that.
I am sure I will have no problem with the last version.

>However, libertas is quite self-contained. It should be
>relatively easy to compile the contents of the recent
>drivers/net/wireless/libertas against an older kernel. If you
>try that and run into problems, then feel free to ask. Be sure
>to use wireless-2.6/everything, for such experiments, as this is
>the code-base that I'm most familiar --- and where development
>happens.

Tomorrow I get the last version on the git tree, and I try to backport
it on my kernel.

Regards,
Cyril

Cyril Haenel