[LEDE-DEV] [RFC 0/1] x86: Add support for the PC Engines APU2 Board

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sun Oct 16 09:22:51 PDT 2016

On 10/16/2016 08:30 AM, STR . wrote:
>> BQL + fq_codel kills bufferbloat at line rate (10,100,1000mbit) on ethernet cards. It also works if you have hardware flow control on the the ethernet.
>> It can't do anything on downloads.
>> If your connection is not at line rate  or the download is overbuffered (looks like 20Mbit here), you need a soft shaper like the ones in sqm-scripts (htb + fq_codel or cake) set 5-15% below the observed rate to win.
> So I was misreading it. Thanks for clearing that up, this was tested on an 8M down ADSL, I'll check out the sqm-scripts.
>
>> Do you know of someone making a bigger better case for it? I'd like one with 6 antenna slots for just that reason - and better heat management.
> This has been a gripe for everyone owning an APU2 it seems. 6 holes for antenna? I know none.

You can find $30 hand punches on Amazon/Ebay and their largest punch size is typically perfect for
SMA connectors.  The APU2 case is easily punched since it is aluminum.

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-02612A-Multi-Purpose-Power-Punch/dp/B0002T87CW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476634765&sr=8-3&keywords=metal+punch

Also, I've run these systems at full load (500Mbps+) for 24 hours and though the case gets warm,
system has remained stable.  A warm case actually means it is transferring heat...

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>