[LEDE-DEV] [RFC 0/1] x86: Add support for the PC Engines APU2 Board

STR . strykar at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 16 08:30:58 PDT 2016

> BQL + fq_codel kills bufferbloat at line rate (10,100,1000mbit) on ethernet cards. It also works if you have hardware flow control on the the ethernet.
> It can't do anything on downloads.
> If your connection is not at line rate  or the download is overbuffered (looks like 20Mbit here), you need a soft shaper like the ones in sqm-scripts (htb + fq_codel or cake) set 5-15% below the observed rate to win.
So I was misreading it. Thanks for clearing that up, this was tested on an 8M down ADSL, I'll check out the sqm-scripts.

> Do you know of someone making a bigger better case for it? I'd like one with 6 antenna slots for just that reason - and better heat management.
This has been a gripe for everyone owning an APU2 it seems. 6 holes for antenna? I know none.
The Calexium case can definitely do better thermal management but useless for you since you can't add all the radios+antenna - http://store.calexium.com/en/boitiers/324-pc-engines-alix-2d3-2d13-or-openvox-ipc100-110-120-case-with-hdd-wifi-black.html
Check the last post on this page for ideas on thermal management - http://pcengines.info/forums/?page=post&id=795B2ACC-F4B0-4181-9B4A-54EC757D4001&fid=DF5ACB70-99C4-4C61-AFA6-4C0E0DB05B2A&pageindex=2

> I'd rather like to see the bcp38 stuff a default, but although we made the code work right for one layer of nat, too many people have more than that. :(
Double NAT?

> ... after we finish up the airtime fairness code and rip out some more wifi latencies.
Eagerly looking forward to this!