hostapd freeze

Marek Floriańczyk marek.florianczyk at gmail.com
Wed May 10 11:08:57 PDT 2017

Dnia środa, 10 maja 2017 20:05:21 CEST Jouni Malinen pisze:
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 05:48:51PM +0200, Marek Floriańczyk wrote:
> > I have hostapd running with 80 devices connected to AP, computer is
> >
> >  Linux cubieboard2 4.9.12-sunxi #4
> >
> > devices are with NodeMCU module:
> > http://www.electrodragon.com/product/esp-12f-esp8266-wifi-board/
> > Hostapd is 2.6 compiled from sources.
> >
> > after a while (like hour or two) hostapd freezes with strange data in log,
> > there is no communication through hostapd_cli.
>
> Would you be able to use gdb or strace (etc.) to see what the process is
> doing at the point hostapd_cli cannot connect?
>
> As far as the log entries about EAPOL-Key timeout are concerned, it
> looks like the group key exchange is failing because the AP is not
> sending out the frame, the STA is not replying to it, or the response is
> lost somewhere in the kernel. It would be useful to get a wireless
> sniffer capture to determine which one of those is the case here.

It seems that when I put these options to hostapd.conf
it stopped to freeze:
wpa_group_rekey=0
wep_rekey_period=0

second one is probably not necessary since I use wpa ?
Now, I have also turned off isc-dhcp-server and now modules have static IP

I will continue to test this config for the next week I suppose,
so I will check hostapd with strace, and or gdb when it freeze.
I will try also wifi sniffer, can You recommend something ?

Best Regards
Marek