Compiling wpa_supplicant for OS X (10.6, 10.7)

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Aug 6 11:11:27 PDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 02:13:44PM -0700, Felix Sargent wrote:
> I'm trying to compile for OS X as we're getting consistently frustrated with
> Ethernet 802.1x authentication certificates stored in the OSX keychain, and
> want more access and control over the auth process.

I haven't tested this with OS X, but you can compile wpa_supplicant by
adding following lines into wpa_supplicant/.config:

CONFIG_DRIVER_WIRED=y
CONFIG_L2_PACKET=freebsd

> Unfortunately, I'm having  hard time building the driver components.
> I'm getting a lot of error messages along the lines of:
>
> ../src/drivers/driver_wext.c: In function ?wpa_driver_wext_set_mode?:
> ../src/drivers/driver_wext.c:2152: error: ?struct iwreq? has no member named

driver_wext.c is a Linux driver wrapper and there is no point in trying
to build that for OS X. You will need to remove CONFIG_DRIVER_* lines
that do not match the target you are build for.