Compiling wpa_supplicant for OS X (10.6, 10.7)

Felix Sargent felix.sargent
Fri Aug 5 14:13:44 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile for OS X as we're getting consistently frustrated with
Ethernet 802.1x authentication certificates stored in the OSX keychain, and
want more access and control over the auth process.

Unfortunately, I'm having  hard time building the driver components.
I'm getting a lot of error messages along the lines of:

../src/drivers/driver_wext.c: In function ?wpa_driver_wext_set_mode?:
../src/drivers/driver_wext.c:2152: error: ?struct iwreq? has no member named
?ifr_name?
../src/drivers/driver_wext.c: In function ?wpa_driver_wext_pmksa?:
../src/drivers/driver_wext.c:2202: error: ?struct iwreq? has no member named
?ifr_name?
make: *** [../src/drivers/driver_wext.o] Error 1

I'm not quite sure what to do in this situation. Can anyone offer some
suggestions of how to resolve this error?

Felix Sargent
felix.sargent at gmail.com