Compiling wpa_supplicant for OS X (10.6, 10.7)

Felix Sargent felix.sargent
Mon Aug 8 11:34:04 PDT 2011

Thank you Jouni! That explains a lot. I knew I must have been choosing the
wrong driver/library.

I'm getting this error now, which seems a lot more troubling:

  "_sme_state_changed", referenced from:
      _wpas_notify_state_changed in notify.o
  "_sme_deinit", referenced from:
      _wpa_supplicant_deinit_iface in wpa_supplicant.o
  "_sme_authenticate", referenced from:
      _wpa_supplicant_associate in wpa_supplicant.o
  "_sme_event_auth", referenced from:
      _wpa_supplicant_event in events.o
  "_sme_event_disassoc", referenced from:
      _wpa_supplicant_event in events.o
  "_sme_disassoc_while_authenticating", referenced from:
      _wpa_supplicant_event in events.o
  "_sme_event_assoc_reject", referenced from:
      _wpa_supplicant_event in events.o
  "_sme_event_auth_timed_out", referenced from:
      _wpa_supplicant_event in events.o
  "_sme_event_assoc_timed_out", referenced from:
      _wpa_supplicant_event in events.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [wpa_supplicant] Error 1

Anything I can do?