Help about using Linux as authenticator

Julien Iguchi-Cartigny julien.cartigny
Wed Mar 17 13:38:01 PDT 2010

Hi,

U'm not sure it is the right mailling list but I don't know where to ask
this question.

For experimental purposes, I want to use a Linux station as 802.1X
authenticator in a wire environment. Several interfaces of the Linux
stations are in bridge mode, so when a cable is connected to one of the
card, only EAP packets are authorized to some authentication server (on
the linux station or on another computer in the local network).

It is a very specific usage (mostly for educationnal purposes), so I
don't know if such software exists (maybe a simple program which
listen on some interfaces and acts on iptables could be the only solution).

Cheers,

julien.