Slow wireless

G.W. Haywood ged
Tue Oct 3 11:57:20 PDT 2006

Hi there,

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 Greg Stark wrote:

> What I don't understand is why the laptop consistently reports the "Noise
> level" as being only 1 dbm lower than the "Signal level". A snr of 1 seems
> pretty bad but it's true even as the signal level jumps up and down.

Then this has got to be either antenna, signal path (e.g. reflections)
or dodgy electronics.  It can't be QRM (er, sorry, interference:) if
the 'noise' strength goes up and down with the signal - unless the
cause(s) of the interference respond(s) to your signal.  Why not take
the equipment someplace remote (say a few miles away) and try it there?

--

73,
Ged.