Senao SL2511 CD+ EXT2/Unresolved Symbols"depmod hostap_cs.o"

gaurav dawra openapproject
Tue May 18 16:28:42 PDT 2004

Hi

Thankyou anywayz for your suggestions. i got the hostap-driver compiled and
SORT OF working, as i am not sure it is working or not right now :)

After restarting "pcmcia service" , when i do "iwconfig", it gives me this
warning: Please suggest what does that mean. Is it detected as a "device",
now this is important for a project to understand how hostap driver handles
the wireless card. What does wifi0 means, it is not detecting it as eth1 as
eth0 is "ethernet" on my computer.
[root at openap driver]# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

dummy0    no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

Warning: Driver for device wifi0 has been compiled with version 14
of Wireless Extension, while this program is using version 15.
Some things may be broken...

wifi0     IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"test"
          Mode:Master
          Encryption key:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0
please suggest what does that "warning means", as i first tried the
hostap-driver-0.1.3 and then i even tried the hostap-driver-0.2.1 on it.
Warning is still there. Please tell me will this wifi0 will work the same
way as eth1 might have worked. If yes, why the wireless device is not listed
in the REDHAT CONFIG NETWORK  wireless list.  Regarding that warning there
seems to be not much documentation on the internet , not in FAQ.

Still Thanx for all your suggestions,  i will really appreciate if you can
provide me some help or documentation to understand more about Hostap driver
and wireless interface wifi0.

Regards,

Gaurav