Senao SL2511 CD+ EXT2/Unresolved Symbols"depmod hostap_cs.o"

Pavel Roskin proski
Tue May 18 23:07:42 PDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004, gaurav dawra wrote:

> Warning: Driver for device wifi0 has been compiled with version 14
> of Wireless Extension, while this program is using version 15.

> please suggest what does that "warning means", as i first tried the
> hostap-driver-0.1.3 and then i even tried the hostap-driver-0.2.1 on it.
> Warning is still there.

Of course it's still there.  iwconfig was compiled with version 14.  The
driver was compiled with version 15.  If you compile another version of
driver, it's still compiled with version 15.  It shouldn't be surprising.
If you want to fix this warning, you should recompile iwconfig rather than
the driver.

The latest beta version of Wireless Tools (27.pre22) doesn't use kernel
headers and shouldn't produce such warning.  For older versions, see the
top-level Makefile for the kernel path.

> Please tell me will this wifi0 will work the same way as eth1 might have
> worked. If yes, why the wireless device is not listed in the REDHAT
> CONFIG NETWORK wireless list.  Regarding that warning there seems to be
> not much documentation on the internet , not in FAQ.
>
> Still Thanx for all your suggestions, i will really appreciate if you
> can provide me some help or documentation to understand more about
> Hostap driver and wireless interface wifi0.

This wifi0 question should be in FAQ already, but since it's not, I'll
answer.  It doesn't work like ethX interfaces.  You probably shouldn't use
it at all.  It's used by the driver internally, as described in README.

Use wlan0 instead.  It works like ethX (at least when hostap is not in the
monitor mode).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin