2.4.21: pain with "iwconfig wlan0 key[1]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx key [1] key on key restricted"

Jiri Tesar jiri.tesar
Mon Jun 16 07:23:25 PDT 2003

Hello,
there are two ways for write key:
ascii (s:) (13 strings for 128-24 bit key)
hex (13 strings in hexa i.e. 26 [1-9,A-F] strings])

the example here, I suppose is: x replaces some hexa [0-9,A-F]

you can use it like in that example:
hostap_crypt_conf wlan0 -1t ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff WEP s:abcfrtgshjthw
hostap_crypt_conf wlan0 -1t ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff WEP AABBCCDDEEFF1122334455BBCC

JT

=====  |**  ___  ____     =============== | V Olsinach 75,Prague 10
====   |*  ||      //    ================ | 106 00,  Czech Republic