Bug: -u updates get_ipayer(.pl) only in v2.91 > v2.92

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Sun Mar 15 13:41:13 PDT 2015

On 15 Mar 2015 at 18:46, Howard Orgel Howard Orgel 
<Howard.Orgel at orgels.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Thank you for all your hard work with this latest release.
> However, there appears to be a bug in the in-program update code:
> When I invoked "get_iplayer -u" to update from v2.91 to v2.92 on the day
> of release, the Windows installer having not yet been updated, only one
> file, "get_iplayer.pl" was updated.  I expected three files, additionally
> "get_iplayer.cgi", and "get_iplayer.1".  Is this intended, or is it a bug.
> I have updated these files manually from Git Master.
> Using Win32.


Release notes:

"The installer will update the following components to the indicated 
Component 	Version
get_iplayer main script 	2.92"

I took this to mean that only the .pl file is changed.

Thank you to all involved in the hard work of maintaining and updating GiP


More information about the get_iplayer mailing list