Stopped working on my brother's PC

Derek Moss dmgi at stoptheviolence.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 09:12:25 EST 2013

On 5 March 2013 20:29, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you still had iphone in the mode list, you almost certainly started with
> an older version of get_iplayer. Since you haven't done a clean upgrade or
> uninstall/re-install, it is difficult to definitively decipher this.
>
> Do yourself a favour and start with a clean installation:
>
> 1. Run the get_iplayer uninstaller and select all components for removal.
>
> 2. Delete all of these folders:
>
> C:\Program Files\get_iplayer
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\get_iplayer
> C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.get_iplayer
>
> 3. Re-install get_iplayer.
>
> 4. Without doing anything else - no mucking around with options files - run
> the get_iplayer CLI from the Start menu.  Don't test with the Web PVR.
>
> 5. Try a properly-formulated command that you know works on the other
> system, adding --verbose to the command line.
>
> If you still get errors, post your output and we'll go from there.
>
> When you do a clean installation, all the options required for get_iplayer
> to work will be in the system options file:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\get_iplayer\options
>
> You don't need a user-level options file:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.get_iplayer\options
>
> unless you wish to override or add options.  It appears you've just copied
> the system options file into the user options file.  That should be
> harmless, but it's clear something is wrong with options ("flvstreamer not
> found"), so let the installer do the work.
>
> If you still get "flvstreamer not found" in a clean installation,
> double-check the values.  This entry in the system options files:
>
> flvstreamer .\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe
>
> means this file should exist:
>
> C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

OK, I used the uninstaller and checked all the folders were deleted,
then reinstalled.

Using the commandline works fine with get_iplayer xx --get --verbose.

However, the Web PVR still doesn't work and gives the same error about
flvstreamer. It also shows iphone in the list of formats to try. I
tried using CCleaner to delete the temp/web files in case some old
file was cached but it still was the same after that.