Stopped working on my brother's PC

Derek Moss dmgi at stoptheviolence.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 16:10:57 EST 2013

> If you still had iphone in the mode list, you almost certainly started with
> an older version of get_iplayer. Since you haven't done a clean upgrade or
> uninstall/re-install, it is difficult to definitively decipher this.

It's weird because I'm sure I updated him not that long ago. Anyway, I
did a uninstall/re-install as I mentioned by deleting his "C:\Program
Files\Get_iplayer" folder completely
as well as his "C:\Documents and Settings\user\.get_iplayer" folder.
I'm pretty sure I deleted  "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\.get_iplayer" as well and it either didn't have an options file
or it also just had the raw setting in it. After re-installing and
running get_iplayer I didn't see any files created in the All Users
folder.

> 4. Without doing anything else - no mucking around with options files - run
> the get_iplayer CLI from the Start menu.  Don't test with the Web PVR.
>
> 5. Try a properly-formulated command that you know works on the other
> system, adding --verbose to the command line.
>
> If you still get errors, post your output and we'll go from there.
>
> When you do a clean installation, all the options required for get_iplayer
> to work will be in the system options file:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\get_iplayer\options
>
> You don't need a user-level options file:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.get_iplayer\options
>
> unless you wish to override or add options.  It appears you've just copied
> the system options file into the user options file.  That should be
> harmless, but it's clear something is wrong with options ("flvstreamer not
> found"), so let the installer do the work.
>
> If you still get "flvstreamer not found" in a clean installation,
> double-check the values.  This entry in the system options files:
>
> flvstreamer .\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe
>
> means this file should exist:
>
> C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe

Yeah, that was definitely there. I even copied over my folder (except
FLV and FFMpeg as he was going out and they would have taken too long)
using TeamViewer and it skipped most of the files as they were already
present. Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow using your advice, thanks.