Stopped working on my brother's PC

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:02:31 EST 2013

On 06/03/2013 14:12, Derek Moss wrote:
> OK, I used the uninstaller and checked all the folders were deleted,
> then reinstalled.
>
> Using the commandline works fine with get_iplayer xx --get --verbose.
>
> However, the Web PVR still doesn't work and gives the same error about
> flvstreamer. It also shows iphone in the list of formats to try. I
> tried using CCleaner to delete the temp/web files in case some old
> file was cached but it still was the same after that.

You may need to delete cookies as well.  "Save as Default" places
settings in a persistent cookie, so it's possible the old values were
still hanging around there.  Kill the web pvr and your browser, delete
all cookies for host 127.0.0.1 (or all of them if that's easier), then
re-launch the Web PVR.  If "iphone" is still in the modes list, check
the version string at the bottom of the search page.  It should contain
"v2.82".  "iphone" in the mode list is harmless, but it shouldn't appear
in a fresh install of v2.82.

As for flvstreamer: kill the web pvr and your browser, relaunch the web
pvr, then perform just enough steps to generate the error.  Copy the
output in the browser *and* everything in the web pvr manager window,
stick both on Pastebin or similar, then post the link(s) here.