Unable to update or re-install

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 16:39:40 EDT 2012

On 22/04/2012 21:20, Dominic Di Chiera wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.

Please make sure your replies are addressed to the list and not to the
sender.

> I can see the server and can connect to both links. I agree it's an
> issue with the PC as I managed to install it on another PC without
> problems.

I've no idea why you can access the site with your browser but not the
installer from the same machine.  The download plugin employed by the
installer uses the same underlying WININET library as other Windows
applications.

> In fact I copied the whole subfolder C:\Program Files
> (x86)\get_iplayer from the working PC to the non-working PC and it
> mostly works, but conks out during downloading the files (PVR) with an
> error message about flvstreamer missing.

You also need to copy over the global options file created by the
installer (it contains the configuration for the helper applications):

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\get_iplayer\options

Run:

echo %ALLUSERSPROFILE%

at a command prompt to make sure you get the correct location on the new
machine.