How to download the Authors Live embeds

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Sun Apr 22 17:01:18 EDT 2012

I am trying to download some of the Authors Live webcasts on the BBC
Scotland site (E.g.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/learning/authorslive/james_mayhew/)

Having extracted the URL from the Embed code I have tried the
following command which does not work:

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer
--url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/p00gxm28 --pid-recursive
get_iplayer v2.80, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Brand pid detected
INFO:  Brand: '' (p00gxm28)
INFO:    Series: <None>
WARNING: rdf URL contained no data
WARNING: Episode PID rdf URL contained no RDF data.
INFO: Trying pid:  using type: tv
INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
ERROR: No PID for index  (try using --type option ?)

Any suggestions on how to get this file?

TIA