Get info by pid

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 09:40:43 EDT 2012

On 07/04/2012 12:14, Charles Johnson wrote:
> On 07/04/12 00:46, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> From the Ministry of Brevity:
>>
>> get_iplayer --info --fields pid b01c17z7
>
> Both ministries fail to deliver unfortunately, which surprised me given
> the precision of your reply:
>
> ==================
> goose at p10:/tmp$ get_iplayer --info --fields pid b01f6ch3
> get_iplayer v2.78, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis

No mystery there.  You're trying to get info on a radio programme (in
this case, the most recent episode of The News Quiz), but you've omitted
--type=radio from your command line.  get_iplayer only searches TV
programmes by default.

Tips for the future:  When you report a problem accessing a programme,
tell us what programme is causing the problem.  Don't - as in your
original post - use some bogus identifier like "f00bar01".  And tell us
up front what version of get_iplayer you're using.  Your version of
get_iplayer is nearly 2 years old.  That had no bearing on this
particular issue, but it might be relevant for others.