Question on setting tx-power in ath10k.

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 25 11:55:11 PST 2015

Yeah I remember this stuff. ath9k did the same thing too; it subtracts
TX power based on 2-chain and 3-chain; assuming that the max transmit
power in the EEPROM is actually the 3-chain value so it can get the
per-chain transmit power.

Thing is, whenever I actually looked at the output on a spectrum
analyser, the target power differed from what the card was rated at by
exactly 3 and 5 dBm respectively. Grr.

In FreeBSD I look at the number of configured chains for that TX
attempt and set the TX power cap appropriately per-packet. Grr.

-adrian