Question on setting tx-power in ath10k.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Feb 25 10:24:21 PST 2015

I have added some debugging in my CT firmware based on 10.1.467, and I have noticed
that anything below 5db is treated as zero by the firmware.  This is due primarily to
subtracting a fixed amount based on the NIC's configured chainmask.

I am guessing this is not entirely correct, since at /b rates, for instance, we
will be transmitting on only a single chain, so it does not matter how many
chains the hardware has?

Anyone have any insight on how this stuff is *supposed* to work?

If you have access to firmware source, plz contact me off the mailing list
and I can provide more details about the code that looks broken.