attempting mesh on ath10k

Bob Copeland me at bobcopeland.com
Wed Aug 12 20:14:44 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 10:13:59AM +0200, Michal Kazior wrote:
> On 13 July 2015 at 03:43, Bob Copeland <me at bobcopeland.com> wrote:
> > [trimmed CC to list]
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 10:25:32AM -0400, Bob Copeland wrote:
> >> It looks like unicast self-protected action frames (peering) works fine, but
> >> broadcast multihop action frames (PREQs) never go over the air.  Does
> >> this sound familiar to anyone?
> >
> > Actually, it's any group addressed frame.  I tried playing with various
> > values for htt_data_tx_ext_tid as well as just using the tid on the frame
> > (in mesh group addressed frames still have a qos header with tid=0).
>
> Just a quick question: did you try applying the sw crypto/raw mode
> patch[1] and using it for mesh?
>
> [1]: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6600721/

Ok, I have this working again against the latest driver, including that
patch -- I don't think anything was wrong with it, just didn't have both
raw tx and decap set properly and had some baggage from the original
patch to jettison.

Still a bit WIP but this patchset against openwrt r46584 seems to work
for me:

http://bobcopeland.com/kernel/wl/20150812/

The mac80211 bits (except for VHT) are upstream but openwrt doesn't have
them yet.

(BTW thanks to Cococorp for sending me a few APs to make testing a lot easier!)

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/