Multi-Vif for Nexus 4

Gucea Doru gucea.doru at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 00:07:36 PDT 2015

Thanks, Eugene.

I double checked what you said using the original Nexus 4 drivers, the
prima driver, and I tried to create two virtual interfaces in managed
mode. I got the error:
wlan: [24109:E :HDD] wlan_hdd_add_virtual_intf: Interface type 2
already exists. Two interfaces of the same type are not supported
currently.

Now, my question refers only to the modified driver that you wrote: is
it possible to create two virtual interfaces in the managed mode?
If the answer is negative, could you tell me if it could be easily
implemented or do I need access to some-closed source code from the
firmware?

Also, the driver from your GIthub repository is completely
open-source. What is the relation between this driver and the firmware
that is loaded on the board (WCN36xx)? Is it open-source also?

Sorry for so many questions :)

Regards,
Doru