Latest compat-drivers

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Tue Apr 16 12:49:51 EDT 2013

Eugene Krasnikov <k.eugene.e at gmail.com> writes:

> Yeah... finally i managed to build latest mac80211 based on your
> instructions. But i still had to apply 3 patches from local folder.

Too bad.

>> https://github.com/KrasnikovEugene/wcn36xx/pull/7
> It's merged but i still suggest to remove
> DEFINE_DYNAMIC_DEBUG_METADATA completely. I'll send it out shortly so
> you can test patch with maco.

I'm perfectly fine with that.

Actually I don't even like dynamic debug infrastructure, for me it feels
next to useless. In practise either it's all debug messages enabled or
all disabled, nothing in-between.

Actually I was planning to propose a more suitable debug infrastructure
following what ath6kl does with enum ATH6K_DEBUG_MASK:

https://github.com/kvalo/ath6kl/blob/master/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/debug.h

But we can talk about that later.

>> Maybe it also fixed that issue?
>
>  I guess it depends on kernel that is used in CM.

Yeah, most likely.

--
Kalle Valo