Latest compat-drivers

Eugene Krasnikov k.eugene.e at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:42:10 EDT 2013

Yeah... finally i managed to build latest mac80211 based on your
instructions. But i still had to apply 3 patches from local folder.

> https://github.com/KrasnikovEugene/wcn36xx/pull/7
It's merged but i still suggest to remove
DEFINE_DYNAMIC_DEBUG_METADATA completely. I'll send it out shortly so
you can test patch with maco.

> Maybe it also fixed that issue?
 I guess it depends on kernel that is used in CM.

2013/4/16 Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com>:
> Eugene Krasnikov <k.eugene.e at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Kalle,
>>
>> I suggest to merge changes to wcn36xx to support latest mac80211.
>> While working on join implementation we can work in parallel on
>> updating documentation "How to build wcn36xx with latest wireless
>> stack".
>
> Yeah.
>
>> Could you please send pull request from initial-backports branch?
>
> It's here:
>
> https://github.com/KrasnikovEugene/wcn36xx/pull/7
>
>> P.S. I still was not been able to build wcn36xx according to your
>> instructions.
>
> That's too bad. Just out of curiosity what distribution are you using? I
> tested only Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, but on two different hosts.
>
>> But it's good that we have 2 different build approaches:)
>
> That's true :)
>
>> Also a bit wired that you did not need patch
>> https://github.com/KrasnikovEugene/wcn36xx/blob/master/local/0001-Check-if-DEFINE_DYNAMIC_DEBUG_METADATA-is-defined.patch
>> Did you have any warnings about define DEFINE_DYNAMIC_DEBUG_METADATA?
>
> I didn't notice any warnings and debug messages seem to work without
> problems.
>
> But the new build system is a lot better than the old one. Maybe it also
> fixed that issue?
>
> --
> Kalle Valo

Best regards,