Latest compat-drivers

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Tue Apr 16 12:10:12 EDT 2013

Eugene Krasnikov <k.eugene.e at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Kalle,
>
> I suggest to merge changes to wcn36xx to support latest mac80211.
> While working on join implementation we can work in parallel on
> updating documentation "How to build wcn36xx with latest wireless
> stack".

Yeah.

> Could you please send pull request from initial-backports branch?

It's here:

https://github.com/KrasnikovEugene/wcn36xx/pull/7

> P.S. I still was not been able to build wcn36xx according to your
> instructions.

That's too bad. Just out of curiosity what distribution are you using? I
tested only Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, but on two different hosts.

> But it's good that we have 2 different build approaches:)

That's true :)

> Also a bit wired that you did not need patch
> https://github.com/KrasnikovEugene/wcn36xx/blob/master/local/0001-Check-if-DEFINE_DYNAMIC_DEBUG_METADATA-is-defined.patch
> Did you have any warnings about define DEFINE_DYNAMIC_DEBUG_METADATA?

I didn't notice any warnings and debug messages seem to work without
problems.

But the new build system is a lot better than the old one. Maybe it also
fixed that issue?

--
Kalle Valo