Insurance.

Jes Sorensen jes at sgi.com
Mon Apr 21 09:41:25 EDT 2008

>>>>> "David" == David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> writes:

David> In previous years it's we're booked insurance through P&V, with
David> the apartments -- it was just a fairly negligible addition to
David> the cost. But since we're doing it manually this year rather
David> than as a package, I'm looking at booking insurance separately.

David> It occurs to me that the whole thing is redundant with the
David> travel insurance I have anyway -- does anyone _not_ have their
David> own travel insurance which covers them for winter sports?
David> AFAICT you can get your own annual travel policies for not a
David> lot more than the single-trip polices I've been looking at.

The main reason why we booked the insurance from P&V is that most
travel insurances will not cover them dragging you down from the
mountain in a helicopter when you do a beautiful stunt jump off the
side of the cliff. I don't know how that works for Austria.

In addition I think the insurance we got covered theft from the
apartments as well as theft of rented equipment.

If the helicopter ride is generally covered in Austria, then we
shouldn't care too much on that front.

Cheers,
Jes