Skigeek 2008

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Fri Aug 10 22:19:48 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 12:15:10PM -0400, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> For those of you who didn't know you were waiting for this, then about
> 15 of us went this year and had great fun in the snow! Of course we
> have to say it was great, given we are the organizers :-)

It was pretty good...we got damn lucky that it snowed the week before
and the snow held up most of that week. But as an advanced whiner^Wskier,
I found only 3-4 decent runs that had any snow. Hopefully, this winter
will be better and we can ski more of the terrain.

> For actual
> proof you can take a look at some of the pictures found at
> http://bombadil.infradead.org/gallery2/main.php

More pictures here:
    http://iou.parisc-linux.org/~grundler/images/2007/Avoriaz-ggg/
    http://iou.parisc-linux.org/~grundler/images/2007/Avoriaz-mhicks/

(igal is still running...should be done in a bit)

> Although we would prefer that you didn't invite the
> kind of troublemaker who loses their passport and require to be driven
> to Geneva mid-week to get a new one to get home!

To be fair, it was the end of the week, wasn't it? :)

>  Ski/snowboard lessons[3]:  Can be pre-ordered or when you get there.
>  Food/drinks:               Cook in or eat out depending on your budget
>  Transport to resort[4]:    For you to figure out :)

Private busses run from the Geneva airport regularly on Saturday and are
not that expensive.  I don't think it was any cheaper to hire a car
amongst 5 people. Except it was awefully convenient to have the car
for the trip to get a temporary passport.  (And no, it wasn't me. ;)

>  c) I've like to go but the chances are 50/50

That's me right now.

thanks!
grant