Skigeek 2008

Jes Sorensen jes at sgi.com
Mon Aug 13 08:12:14 EDT 2007

>>>>> "Arnd" == Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> writes:

Arnd> On Friday 10 August 2007, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>> 2: If 13 people book in advance we should get a 10% discount on
>> these. Absolute beginners may want to start out with a local
>> skipass just for the Avoriaz resort for the first 1-2 days while
>> taking lessons.

Arnd> IIRC, the ski school ticket even includes the ski pass, so you
Arnd> don't need to get one yourself while taking lessons. My
Arnd> impressions was that as a beginner you're almost always better
Arnd> off buying the ski pass when you need it instead of in advance,
Arnd> so you can decide each day which one to take (e.g. half-day,
Arnd> pay-as-you-go or specific lifts) instead of paying the same
Arnd> every day at a small discount.

Hi Arnd,

Thanks for sharing the info - it was my impression that the skipass
wasn't included with all types of lessons at least, but I think I
mentioned it elsewhere in the announcement that for beginners we do
recommend going for lessons and maybe taking shorter term passes.

So just to be clear: For beginners we strongly recommend taking a few
lessons and not going for the full skipass up front. Skipasses can be
bought on the day too.

Arnd> d) There is no way I'm joining again, but I'll stay around to
Arnd> heckle anyway even though I'm not Werner.

Oh that means we have to update the response procedures for next time
'If your name is Arnd or Werner...' :-)

Cheers,
Jes