[Pcsclite-muscle] Dynamically disable/enable specific card reader

josealf at rocketmail.com josealf
Wed Oct 8 04:42:40 PDT 2014

Somehow, it was. In my case, The reader omnikey 5427 did not work after a system reboot. Plugging and unplugging made it work fine again, until the next reboot. I found this reader creates a virtual net card and has a web interase for configuration/management. I captured the commands required for reboot, sent them with curl before my application startup and solved my problem. Perhaps your reader is similar. If so, you could program it to disable/enable the specific card type your having trouble with.
My case is on this list if you want more details. Right now - I don't have access to a computer

-----Original Message-----
From: Santiago Gimeno <santiago.gimeno at gmail.com>
Sender: "Pcsclite-muscle"
 <pcsclite-muscle-bounces+josealf=rocketmail.com at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 13:10:16
To: <josealf at rocketmail.com>; Talks about MUSCLE<pcsclite-muscle at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [Pcsclite-muscle] Dynamically disable/enable specific card
	reader

Hello,

> Is the problematic reader the OmniKey?...
>
> I had a problem with an USB Omnikey. It din't work until it was replugged, but it found a workaround.

Yes the problem is with the omnikey reader when it has a SLE4442 card
inserted. It hungs when the application sends an APDU with
SCardTransmit. I'm still trying to figure out why this happens, but in
the meantime disabling the reader seemed like an acceptable workaroud.
Was your problem similar?

Best regards,

Santi