Decisions...

Alasdair G Kergon agk at arachsys.com
Sun Sep 3 19:27:35 EDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 05:19:40PM +0100, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> My general inclination is to rule out Homerton due to location as its a
> bit further from the centre of the city than the others.

Finding a suitable conference room is the overriding factor I'd have
thought.  (Accommodation doesn't necessary even have to be at the same
college e.g. if their pricing is wrong can use that to negotiate.)
Destination Cambridge pointed out that they had a facility where
the (college) rooms could be booked (and paid for) over the web
by the individuals requiring them.  Contract T&Cs might differ
between colleges and may be negotiable - some might be prepared
to be more flexible than others over reserving rooms we aren't
sure we'll need.
[How many people won't want to stay in the college accommodation?
They might be local, or stay with friends, or prefer a full-price
hotel.]

Alasdair
agk at arachsys.com