Some thoughts about costs...

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Jul 31 06:59:05 EDT 2006

Ar Llu, 2006-07-31 am 01:29 -0400, ysgrifennodd Theodore Tso:
> The main reason to do the catered in lunch is that it's faster than if
> we have to let people try to go out and find their owner lunch
> somewhere else, so we get more meeting time.  On the other hand, if
> there's a cafeteria in the same building or perhaps the next building
> over, we don't necessarily *have* to do a catered in lunch....

UKUUG has done various things along the lines of finding a local small
food supplier who will bring the food along and negotiate a competetive
price. The AU folks have done giant pizza orders before now. Even if we
go with the official catering it always helps to improve the pricing 8)