Some thoughts about costs...

Theodore Tso tytso at mit.edu
Mon Jul 31 01:29:41 EDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 06:59:04PM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> > Matthew's quote of 70 UKP/day for a meeting room, accomodation,
> > breakfast, morning, and coffee sounds very attractive.  That converts
> > over to $126 USD/day, which while more than Les Suites, is not
> > outrageous.
>
> Actually, Les Suites was CAD175 per day for accommodation only ...
> that's about USD150 ...  The novotel was a more reasonable CAD110 which
> is roughly USD100.

Yes, but the Les Suites rate was for a 3 suite room that could hold 3
people, wasn't it?  (I haven't been able to stay at a Les Suites hotel
since it's not on the IBM approved list, even though I thought it was
working out cheaper than the official IBM approved hotels, but that's
IBM bureaucracy for you...)

> The only thing we're really missing to compare apples to apples is the
> cost of catered in lunch.

The main reason to do the catered in lunch is that it's faster than if
we have to let people try to go out and find their owner lunch
somewhere else, so we get more meeting time.  On the other hand, if
there's a cafeteria in the same building or perhaps the next building
over, we don't necessarily *have* to do a catered in lunch....

						- Ted